Monday 19 December 2016

CCO 103 (GBA and TMA)

In CCO 103, which is basically literature, we were tasked with understanding the various forms of literary arts such as satires, poems, stories and the likes.  Take our GBA for instance, which requires us to make a satire video of having the disabled in our workforce. It made us think of how the society sees having the disabled in the workforce would be. In our video, we have acted out various forms of disabilities from common ones such as disabled with crutches to even the most dramatic ones like nearsightedness. This would be as shown


The difficulty that was encountered in the making of the video would mainly be the lack of resources we have at our disposal such as the a location of shooting and inadequate props. I have really enjoyed doing this as my GBA as this is the first time I am doing filming as a project.

As for our TMA, we were supposed to write on a story review about a Greek legend called Oedipus. As a person whose forte isn't on expressive writing but more on report writing, my coherency factor pulled my marks down.For now, I can just say it would take a lot of practice for me to hone that skill and be better at it in the future.

What I can pick up from this subject would mainly be on the honing the skills of appreciating the beauty of art. It is also one of the subject where I have many internal debates on the usefulness how this subject could aid me for my future. From one side, it allows me to see how certain forms such as satires could provide thought-provoking controversies better than others at the cost of reliability. On the other hand, I could only see such skills being more usable to marketing students as their job revolves mainly towards attracting consumers. As an accountancy student, where our job scope requires us to follow a standard guideline such as report writing, having creative and expressive writing would mostly work against our favour. Though the lessons that I have learnt in the course is indeed interesting, I would find it more practical if such a topic is left in our electives; which allows us to have a choice in taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment